Sunday, July 18, 2010

Carrying Out My Game Plan

What resources will I need to carry out my Game Plan?
I need to locate additional recourses such as interactive web sites that are aligned with the content, and curriculum I teach. I also need to develop the lesson plans at least four weeks in advance so the technology, Netbooks, is available for the students.

What steps have I taken so far?
I have begun to go through each lesson and identify the State Standards that apply and developed an on going list of, “Look What Were Learning,” which are the goals the students are working towards. I am breaking down each lesson into it’s most basic parts and then making an attempt to locate resources for the student to utilize that cover the content.

1 comment:

  1. Michael,

    It sounds like you have a nice start to carrying out your GAME plan. You have the right idea by aligning each of your lessons with a state standard. In today's classroom, we have to "kill two birds with one stone" when teaching - teach the state standard while also attempting to make the lesson fun and interesting.

    I believe I remember you stating that you teach math, and more specifically upper-level math? If this is correct, I have a great interactive website for you to use.

    http://www.mathopenref.com/index.html

    This website offers interactive activities (along with explanations) for geometry concepts. Hope this helps and good luck!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete