Sunday, November 28, 2010

Learning Management Systems

I investigated free web-based Learning Management Systems to determine if the current mathematics curriculum I teach can be adapted to either Moodle or RCampus. By doing so I think differentiated in instruction will be more effective and what I accomplish can be used as a model so that other teachers could possibly model their use of web-based learning after.
Let me begin by stating that I think Moodle is one of the only practical forms of technology that would fit with the mathematics curriculum I currently use. Moodle makes it possible to develop a course of study or individual lessons that follow the text I must follow. One other Learning Management System (LMS) that appears to much easier to or with is RCampus. I created accounts with both programs; with Moodle I have been unable to login to the account and technical support is not helpful, with RCampus it as a bit easier to create the account and the navigation through the program is also easier. I am hoping to use either one and create an online course for my classes. I have also enlisted the help of Harrison’s technology instructor to create the courses. The programs will make it possible to differentiate instruction within the parameters of the curriculum I must follow.
I have students at various levels of ability; some are high achievers and are board with an instructional pace that suits the average student an LMS program would benefit those students by allowing them to proceed at a faster pace. Whereas the students that are having a difficult time with instruction suited for the average students would also benefit by having the opportunity to proceed at a pace they are comfortable with and a curriculum that is adapted to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment